Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Grace

It seems like time always sneaks up on me here.  We are so busy during the session and focused on our class and all the work that needs to be done that it is easy to forget what else is going on.  Our latest session ended on Saturday.  It was filled with wonderful students, fun memories, lots of laughter, along with a few frustrations that are bound to happen.  With all of this going on I forgot what time of the year it is.  Spring is finally starting to slowly show itself in Beijing.  But until Sunday morning while I was laying in bed reflecting I was missing the importance to the season.

Palm Sunday, the day where hundreds of followers worshiped Jesus and proclaimed His name.  They laid down palms and their clothing, for the dirty ground was not worthy for him to walk on.  Maundy Thursday He shared a meal with His disciples, the meal we now remember as the last supper.   What they didn't fully realize was this would be the last meal they would  share together before the ultimate sacrifice was made.  And then, as we all know comes Easter, one of the most joyful days I could imagine, for it means a way has been made me for to have eternal life.

We are on a much needed break this week and I am taking the time to slow down and reflect on all this week really means.  On the significance of the enormity of the sacrifice and what it means for me.  On how I am supposed to take this and show His love in this world, how I am to show His love, grace, and mercy here in China.  

What I do know if I am thankful.  I am thankful for the blessings that are never ceasing.  I am thankful for  His plan that blows mine out of the water.  I am thankful that He sent me to China to open my eyes and my heart so I could see Him more clearly.  But mostly I am thankful that I am able to receive the gift of His grace, the gift that changes everything.

Grace: A favor rendered by one who need not do so; indulgence

No comments:

Post a Comment