Friday, July 8, 2011

the reason for my absence...

So, I know I don't post often, but I really do promise in the past few weeks I have had several things to post about.  However, I also live in a country called China.  China doesn't really like things like facebook and blogs.  Luckily, there is a thing called  a VPN which I have purchased that allows me to bypass the blocks China puts on the internet and access all of those websites.


Then there happens to be a little thing called the 90th anniversary of the founding of the communist party in China.  Actually, I guess it wasn't so little and there was a lot of celebrations, even though I didn't see any of them.  I just saw the signs and billboards all over the city.


When things like this happen China decides to be extra strict, which means that my VPN doesn't always work.  See...even though China isn't always smart, they do understand how these things work, and try to stop them when they really want to.  However, they aren't as smart as other people, so as soon as China blocks it the company does whatever they need to to unblock it.  Pretty much its a crazy cycle that has left me frustrated at times lately.


But, right now it works!  So I am going to hopefully write a lot of posts that will appear in the next few days.  I know, I know....you'll believe when you see it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment