Sunday, August 8, 2010

blessed beyond belief

I've had ideas for so many posts, but it seems like when I sit down to type lately everything disappears.  So, I guess I should apologize for never posting anything! 

Where to start…

I am so thankful that I was blessed to spend a month at home with my friends and my family!  It was a wonderful month full of relaxation and rejuvenation.  Some of the highlights of the month were a trip to the zoo with my dad and multiple baseball games, priceless visits with friends including the blessing  of going to Stacey and Bens wedding, a Twarek family reunion in Ohio, coffee with Suz and playing with Kristen, 5 amazing days in Utah with my brother, and lots of good food and sleep!  I was blessed so much by this trip and it really helped me realize just how blessed I am and how many things I have to be thankful for. 

Being back in China has been wonderful.  Today I was on my way to the airport to pick up Amanda, one of the yearlong facilitators who was also home during July and it just hit me how much I love China.  This is something that I've known for awhile now, but as I was listening to worship music on my iPod I was overwhelmed with this realization.  How lucky am I that God has sent me to this country where I am able to form amazing friendships with so many of His children.  How I, a sinner who messes up royally all the time daily receives grace and love that is so undeserved.  And how much He loves me and has planned my life so perfectly that I am now here in China, something I would have never planned for myself.   I am looking forward to seeing how He uses me and how I am able to fall even more in love with Him and this country that I am blessed to live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment