Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall in Beijing!

Last year Beijing was blanketed in snow on November 1st which left no room for fall.  Winter swept in and never left.  Much to my enjoyment, fall made a wonderful appearance in Beijing this year!  Right now it is starting to get cold, but we have enjoyed several weeks of beautiful weather and consistent blue skies.  While I have started to wear long underwear because it is getting considerably colder inside (except my room which continues to be nice and toasty thanks to the radiator next to my bed) I have yet to wear my winter coat which makes this Indiana girl very happy.

I've said it before, but I am so thankful that we are next to the old summer palace.  For only 15 yuan a month, or about 2 dollars you can get a month pass and visit as often as your heart desires.  It has been a wonderful place to go on walk lately.  The fall foliage was amazingly beautiful as were the sunsets over the mountains.  Most trips i went sans camera, but lucky for you I took it on one trip so here are a few picture for you to enjoy and to hold you over until I post next :)



  

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Abby! Glad you're enjoying China and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing the updates, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks just like Indiana. Are you sure you are in China?

    ReplyDelete