Sunday, September 18, 2011

Clarity

I was reminded about clarity today, and how so often we are not able to see things clearly when we are in the middle of them.  As you probably know, Beijing is not what you would call a clear city. In fact most would call it one of the smoggiest cities int he world. However, every once in awhile it is blessed with a clear day. Today happened to be the clearest day I can remember experiencing during my time here. When it is clear you are able to see the mountains  Today you could see the layers of mountains that surround the city. That along with the bright blue sky made it a breathtakingly beautiful day.






Wanting to take advantage of the beautiful day I had to make a trip to Yuan Ming Yuan, which is probably one of my favorite places in the city. As I sat and watched the boats go by I was overwhelmed by thankfulness.  I am beyond thankful that God has allowed me this time in China and chooses to bless in me in ways that I couldn't even imagine. 


It also made me think more about clarity in my life. I think a lot of time you think things are crystal clear only to find out later that they could have been so much clearer. Living in Beijing I often forget the magnitude of the mountains surrounding the city, just like living my life it is far to easy to forget the magnitude of what God is doing each and every moment. This was a great reminder that even if I don't see things clearly, God does, and as long as I follow him clarity will eventually come.






and, just because my mom complains I never post pictures of myself...


Finally, I am linking up to a blog I LOVE, Ni Hao Yall and her awesome Sunday Snapshot posts :) I've only been meaning to start doing this for a year now!

Sunday Snapshot

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! Glad I connected with your blog thru Sefanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures!
    saw your pic on sunday snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so wise to be understanding clarity at this point in your life. Hold close to Him and let Him continue to direct your paths...
    Beautiful pictures!

    (hopped over from Sunday Snapshot)

    ReplyDelete