Saturday, November 12, 2011

Panjiayuan

Panjiayuan has become one of my favorite places in Beijing, so I had to be sure to go again before I leave.
 I love the colors of the items from Yunnan. This market is unique because it is a flea market. 

 People come with handmade items, antiques, and so much more.

 Everyone can easily find sometime they LOVE and it's easy to spend money on quality items.

 Some are neatly displayed, others thrown into piles begging to be searched through.

 But, if you are willing to search there are hidden gems waiting to be found.

 If you want mass produced items, go to the silk market, don't come here

 here you find minorities from Tibet, Yunnan, and other provinces selling items you can watch them make. They happily tell you that "I made this!" and you happily buy it knowing that you have a truly unique item.

I think I'm gonna miss this place...

Ni Hao Yall

3 comments:

  1. Those are some really beautiful photos! I love all the colors. Reminds me of the artisans market I once visited in Guatemala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those bright colors and unique gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and things! They just make me smile this morning! Sounds like a place I would love there!!!

    ReplyDelete