Monday, September 1, 2014

DIY Passport pictures

Passport pictures are so expensive! 6-10 dollars for 6 little 2x2 pictures, no thank you! I recently had to renew my passport and obviously didn't want to pay so much for my pictures, so I came up with a simple solution. (and you have so much more control over which picture is used!)



1. Take your picture. Make sure it is in a well lit area and in front of a white background. I used a pull down blind in my living room with the rest of the windows wide open. 




2. Edit your picture using the editing software of your choice, I use lightroom. Do not crop!

3. Load your picture onto the convenient website the government has provided for us

4. Click on start photo tool and crop your photo to the required settings. Save cropped photo


5. Open cropped photo in paint (or similar program)

6. Add approximately 1/3 white space at the bottom of the picture, save




7. Load newly cropped picture with white space to a photo printer of your choice (I used Walgreens)

8. Choose wallet sized photos (2x3)

9. Print your photos, trim the white space, and you are left with 2x2 passport pictures for a fraction of the cost!


No comments:

Post a Comment