Monday, September 22, 2014

Influence Meet Up!

I am so excited that it's Influence week! This weekend was so refreshing for me last year and I know this year won't disappoint!



First, I have to share God's goodness, because it's all because of Him I get to go again! Because I am in support raising mode I'm focused on spending as little money as possible, so the ticket to Influence seemed to be completely out of reach. Yet, there was so much of me that really really wanted to go. As I was praying about it I told God that He would need to make it possible if He wanted me to go, and I left it at that. The next week I was scheduled to sub for the whole week (pretty much unheard of for the beginning of school!) which would more than pay for the ticket! So, God is good and I know He has something awesome in store for me this weekend!

A little about me: 
I'm 27, single, and living with my parents (it's not as bad as it sounds!) I'm super passionate about orphan awareness and love China, which is why I am preparing to go serve at a foster home in China starting this fall! So, I'm busily support raising and preparing for that! I love reading, cooking, the great outdoors, and really love long conversations over coffee! I'm a major introvert who is constantly amazed by the community of God! I may freeze in huge groups, but thrive in small group conversation.

What I'm excited about:
First, Lara Casey! Her talk really convicted me last year and has impacted this past year in huge ways! She has so much wisdom and grace and I can't wait to soak it up again! Also, last year I didn't know a single soul who would be attending! (crazy for a mega introvert!) I'm so excited to be attending with some great friends this year and to meet new ones!

What I can't leave home without:
Journal and pens are huge! And not just any pens will do! Pilot precise v5 if I'm feeling black or lePens if I want a little color in my life! Also, chapstick, a water bottle, and boldness!

Excited to see you there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment