Tuesday, January 20, 2009

changes

Can I just start my saying God is faithful!!!

For the past 2 months, I have taken upon me the process of applying to teach English in China. I can honestly say that it has been one of the scariest things I have ever done in my life. I have lived a very simple, and very blessed life. However, because of this, I really haven't had to step outside of my comfort level. I have lived a life focused on serving God, and strive to allow Him to lead me.

I guess one of the first steps to this process was the summer before my sophomore year, when I changed my major to special education. This experience was something that came completely out of nowhere for me, and I was left with no explanation except this was Gods plan for me, and although that scared me, i was excited to being the journey. The last three years have been wonderful, and I completely love my major, and I absolutely love the students I am blessed to work with everyday! Later, came the very small thought about teaching overseas somewhere. After hours of searching, I found the teach overseas organization. Looking at it, things just clicked. It is Christian, mission based, established, and offers locations in multiple countries around the world.

Fast forward to now, and after the application process, I guess I can say China here I come. This step is HUGE and it is scary, but it is the biggest step of faith I have ever had to take in my life, and at the same time that excites me. I am very excited to see how God works in me through this, and how this experience affects the rest of my life. I still fully intend to teach children with exceptional needs, and I can only imagine how this experience will help me in that field.

I will stop before this becomes a novel, but I hope this becomes a place of reflection for me, both as I am finishing the semester and preparing to go to China, and when I am in China. I cannot even imagine what lies ahead for me, but I know one thing, it will all be EVEN BETTER than I could ever plan!

1 comment:

  1. We love you, Abby, and the woman tha you are becomming. We are so blessed to have children that love the Lord.

    ReplyDelete