Tuesday, May 26, 2009

humbled

Was graduation really a month ago? In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday, then other days it seems so far away. This past month I have been working, trying to unpack, organize, and sort out my things for a garage sale....so much work, I will be so glad when it is done :)

China has always been in the back of my mind. Well, sometimes not quite the back of it :) There is still a big part of me that can't believe I am going, yet as I talk to more and more people about it I get more excited! I have just started fundraising and it has all ready been such a humbling process. To go from never having to ask other for money (except my parents occasionally :) ) to relying on others to reach the goal so I am able to make this trip is one of the most humbling experiences I have faced. It is so much more so than when I went on a mission trip with my church 3 summers ago, and I think a lot of that simply has to do with the fact that I have grown up, I am not the same person I was then. And that, is good. I have no doubt that God would not be leading me down this path if He didn't all ready know where this money would come from. I daily rest in His reassurance that this really will work out....and in three short months I will be on the biggest adventure of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment