Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life Lately

Life. Is has a way of not working out the way you think it will. Lately my life has not gone the way I thought it would.


This time last year I was getting ready to leave on an 11 month mission trip. I would be going to 11 different countries, one per month, partnering with a local ministry, serving and loving the people we interacted with while spreading the Gospel. This trip ended up being completely different than I expected. I loved being able to meet people from so many different cultures and share God's love with them as I served them to the best of my ability. I learned so much about myself and about the God I serve. I also had to stand up for my faith in ways I had never experienced before. 

8 months later I found myself at home. Yes, I left early. God gave me an opportunity to return home for two months and then return to China for two months to serve at T.I.P during the summer. 

This is, of course, not what I would have ever expected. But it is exactly what God had planned. Being in China this summer is exactly where I needed to be. I was blessed with amazing friendships and was able to see God move in amazing ways.



Now I find myself back at home. And right now, that's life. It's exactly where God wants me. Why, I don't completely know, but I'm excited to continue the journey so one day I'll look back and be able to say, that's why, knowing it all will be even better than I could ever plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment