Tuesday, September 17, 2013

So I'm Going to the Influence Conference



You know the times when God puts something on your heart and won't let you let go. Even when you try to forget about it. Even when you convince yourself there is no way you can afford it. Even when you say this is way out of your league. Yeah, that was the Influence Conference for me. But, like most things God puts on your heart He makes a way for them to happen, so I am super excited to be going to the Influence Conference this year! It's all last minute but it's amazing for me to see how everything has come together in the last day. So, I am linking up to get to know some of the attendees I have the privilege to meet next week!

                             InfluenceConf
 

2 things I'll be sure to have packed in my bag
  • Like so many others I'll be sure to bring a cute notebook and good pens. I am super ocd about pens so it is extra important for me to have a few extras in case I lose them or they run out of ink!
  • Can I say an open mind (I guess I can say anything, it's my blog, right!) But really, this is kinda a huge step for me so that will be a great thing to ave. (Oh, I'll have coffee, snacks, and will have my nalgene on me at all times!)
2 things I am looking forward to
  • Community!!!! Since moving back home one thing I am desperately missing is community and the idea of 2 1/2 days packed with it is super exciting, even if part of me it terrified because I don't know anyone!
  • Learning, or at least beginning to learn, why God wanted me to attend
So, that's it. I'l so excited to meet new people, make new friends, worship, and learn more about what my influence means for the kingdom of God!


1 comment:

  1. Abby. I'm terribly jealous. I know I already tweeted that to you, but really. Influence is going to be grand. And I really enjoy Lara Casey. Her life is an incredible example of how awesome our God is and how, like you sort of said, when he puts something on your heart, it's not liable to be leaving any time soon. She's an awesome speaker. :) Not to mention tons of fun Jesus-loving women in the same place. Oh man. :)
    love youuuuuu

    ReplyDelete