Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Truths From Influence Conference

This past weekend I was blessed to attend the Influence Conference. It was such a sweet time of fellowship with Jesus loving women and so much truth was spoken. I am still processing a lot of what God taught me throughout the weekend, but I can't let another day pass without sharing some of the the truths that were spoken into me.

The Tiny Twig

  • work=gifts+resources, that's all, we go astray when we want to add something other than Jesus to the equation
  • the Lord has good things for me and they are different from the good things He has for other people
  • God doesn't give me passions without a way to use them 
  • Follow your dreams Him!
  • Follow me is not just a command, it's an action
  • the goal is not happiness, the goal is His glory
  • Do something, the right thing, one step at a time
  • Hold yourself to a standard of grace, not perfection
  • we are born to make manifest the glory of God that is in us
  • He is working something in you bigger than you
  • progress...not perfection
  • you can't being everyone to Jesus, but you can bring everyone Jesus
  • sometimes it takes a couple of false starts to get there
  • don't do their thing well, do your thing
  • love the good life God has given you
  • you don't have to wait for a lightning bolt to write-live so you always have inspiration around you
  • the world needs you!
  • God doesn't want to heal you to use you, He wants to heal you because He loves you
  • Sarah sinned big, she was a mess-God still used her in huge ways
  • the entire trinity is on my side-and will always be
  • the building is done, God isn't waiting for you to be finished, it is finished
  • when the Lord is working in you there is something to say, even if it is a mess
  • the building is done, influential women, not it is our joy to walk forward with our eyes on Christ alone 
  • Proverbs 18:21 the tongue has the power of life and death
  • words are more powerful now than ever before because of the internet
  • we are called to speak kindness and love to everyone
  • you never know who will read what you write, how people will find you, and who will stay around
  • He will never speak anything but love to us so we will never speak anything but love to others
Like Annie said, I may never know who will read this site, I may never know how these words will impact you, but I pray they do. I pray that these truths will work their way deep into your heart and above all you will know you are loved. You are loved by the creator who created you for even better than you could ever imagine.

6 comments:

  1. based solely on your profile picture of you + that sweet babe, I wish we would have met! you lived in China for a while?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish we met too! Yes, I in China for about 2 1/2 years after college teaching English and loved it!

      Delete
  2. love the way you summed this up and shared truth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these truths, Abby. Thanks so much for coming to the singles' dinner! It was a blast to get to know you and I pray the Lord continues to grow our friendship online!

    ReplyDelete
  4. re-reading/hearing the quotes from the sessions is so what I need mid-week post-conference! I feel like I'm living it again which is really fun :)

    ReplyDelete